How to Make Cannamilk (Cannabis Milk)
There’s nothing like a refreshing glass of milk, and whether you’re pairing it with a chocolate chip cookie, blending it into a milkshake, or pouring it into your coffee, you can always improve it with a touch of cannabis
Here’s how you can make your own cannamilk.
Cannabis-Infused Milk Ingredients and Supplies
- Full-fat milk (No substitutions. The fat is needed to bind the cannabinoids from your cannabis into the milk.)
- Cannabis of your choice
- Sieve and cheesecloth
The quantities of each ingredient depend on your tolerance. Generally, 0.5-1g per ¼ litre of milk is enough.
- Grind your cannabis into a fine powder. The finer the powder, the better it will infuse with the milk.
- Pour the milk into a pan and place it on medium heat, bringing it to a simmer but not a full boil.
- Add your cannabis to the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture bubble for an hour and stir it once in a while. Keep an eye on it to make sure the liquid doesn’t boil over.
- After an hour, remove from heat and allow the milk to cool. It’s important to cook the milk for the full hour to allow the cannabis to decarboxylate and fully bind to the milk.
- Strain the mix through the sieve and cheesecloth into an airtight container, removing the plant matter and leaving you with ready-to-serve cannamilk.
Store your cannabis milk in the fridge and use it up before the milk’s original expiry date. You don’t want your precious cannamilk to go to waste!
Thanks to Royal Queen Seeds for the handy recipe!
Our #1 use for cannamilk is for extra flavour and creamy texture to our morning coffee. Check out our gourmet roasts, all perfect receptacles for cannabis milk.