We thought we’d hit the relaxation jackpot with CBD-infused beverages of any kind, including coffee of course. But we just discovered a new CBD drink that takes the power of CBD to new heights. Say hello to the CBD Golden Milk Latte.
What is a Golden Milk Latte?
Turmeric milk, otherwise known as “Golden Milk,” originated in India as a part of Ayurvedic medicine, which has been around for centuries. Turmeric milk was commonly used as a sleep aid, or to assist people with relaxation, coughs, and colds. Luckily, this beverage has made its way to North America where we can now reap its many benefits.
The Benefits of the CBD Golden Milk Latte
The CBD Golden Milk Latte has 4 key ingredients, each of which come with their own list of benefits. Let’s start with CBD. CBD is known for its pain relieving functions, its ability to reduce anxiety and depression, and properties that help people to have a longer, more restful sleep at night, which as we know has an effect on everything we do during the waking hours.
Turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger, the other main ingredients in golden milk, all have antioxidants, which may help to lower your risk of infection and disease. All 4 ingredients are also known to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help with the effects and prevention of many diseases and disorders including Alzheimer’s, heart disease, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
It could even help improve your brain health! Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, could increase levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, or BDNF. This is a compound which helps your brain to form new connections and promote the growth of brain cells. Low levels of BDNF have been linked to brain disorders like Alzheimer’s.
CBD Golden Milk Latte Recipe
With all of these benefits, we’re bet you’re ready to make these gold milk lattes daily! It’s not difficult, we’ll show you how it’s done.
- 1 ½ Cups of Coconut milk
- 1 ½ Cups of Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp of ground Fusion Coffee Beans (try the Coasting blend for its relaxation properties)
- 1 ¼ tsp of ground Turmeric
- ¼ tsp of ground Ginger
- 1 Cinnamon stick (or ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon)
- Pinch of ground Pepper
- ⅓ tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-3 tbsp of Maple Syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1 dropper-full of Fusion CBD Oil
- Add your coconut milk, almond milk, Fusion coffee grounds, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, ground black pepper, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and CBD oil to a small sauce pan and turn on to medium high heat
- Cook for 5-6 minutes of medium heat and whisk frequently, until hot but not boiling
- Taste and adjust for your personal preference of sweetness and flavours (feel free to add more of the main ingredients to get the flavour you want)
- Enjoy your very relaxing beverage!
Shop our unique Fusion coffee blends and tell us which you liked best! And if you have any questions, we’re here for those too.