We’ve been in the kitchen again, coming up with some amazing CBD recipes for you to try. Our favorite thing about mixing CBD and coffee together is the amount of creative ways you can have it. You can simply pour yourself a hot coffee with a few drops of CBD oil, or you can bake cookies, brownies, create iced coffees, frozen lattes, and yes, even CBD-infused ice cream – which we’re showing you today.
Fusion Coffee CBD Gelato Recipe
This first CBD ice cream recipe mixes delicious freshly-ground Fusion Coffee Beans with your ice cream recipe to make a rich, flavorful treat that doubles as an anytime pick-me-up.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Fusion coffee beans coarsely ground
- 1 Dropper-Full Fusion CBD oil
- 2 egg yolks large
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, cream, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the ground coffee beans. Stir together on low heat until very warm but not boiling. Turn off heat and allow mixture to steep for 15 minutes or more.
- Pour mixture through a medium strainer to remove coffee grounds and return to the pan.
- Stir dropper of CBD oil into coffee infused mixture over medium-low heat – do not boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place egg yolks, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and salt in a small bowl and whisk until egg yolks are thick and pale yellow. Whisk vigorously to prevent the eggs from scrambling, whisk in about 1/2 cup of the warm milk mixture. Continue whisking in milk mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time until it is all incorporated. Return to heat and cook over medium low stirring constantly, until it starts to thicken. Do not boil, mixture should only reach about 185 degrees F (if you have a thermometer, if not heat until very hot).
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator until very cold (at least 6 hours).
- Stir vanilla extract into the chilled mixture and pour into the freezer container of an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for making ice cream.
- Enjoy your CBD Coffee Gelato!
CBD Infused Cashew Coffee Ice Cream (Vegan)
Whether you’re vegan or simply cutting down on dairy, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you. This deliciously rich, velvety ice cream blends bold coffee with relaxing CBD oil. And although it may take a little more time (and a little more patience), it’s a delicious way to impress guests or enjoy as a late night snack.
- 2 cups (473 ml) coconut cream
- 100 grams whole Fusion coffee beans
- 144 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) virgin coconut oil
- 26 grams (2 tablespoons) cacao butter
- 2 full droppers of Fusion CBD oil
- 1 cup (237 ml) cashew cream (recipe below)
Homemade Cashew Cream:
- 200 grams (about 1 ½ cups) raw cashews
- Prep: Place the bowl and paddle of your ice cream maker into the freezer at least 12 hours in advance of churning.
- Cashew Cream: Place cashews in a large bowl and rinse with cold water until it comes out clean (about 3 washes). Top with cold water (at least 2 inches above cashews), cover, and store overnight for between 8-12 hours.
- Drain, rinse, and re-weigh soaked cashews (total weight should be around 300 grams). Multiply the weight of the cashews by 1.25 to find the amount of water needed for the next step. (Ex. 300 grams x 1.25 = 375 grams, thus we need to use 375 grams of water).
- Combine cashews and water in a blender or food processor and turn on high until mixture is smooth. (Transfer to a personal blender cup in batches and blend until smooth if the full amount is too much to gain a smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer and use a spatula to push it through. You can either store this in your fridge for up to 3 days or use immediately.
- Ice Cream Base: Combine coconut cream, coffee beans, sugar, and salt in a medium pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat then reduce the heat to low, place a lid on the pot, and steam it for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, pour coconut cream mixture through a strainer to remove coffee beans. Whisk in coconut oil, cacao butter, and CBD until melted, then stir in cashew cream.
- Transfer ice cream base to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds to homogenize. Store custard in the refrigerator until chilled (about 2 hours).
- Note: Do NOT refrigerate this ice cream base overnight, as the oils will solidify on top. If you forget about it in the fridge for more than 5 hours, place it back into a pot over low heat, stir until the oil melts, and refrigerate it for another 2 hours.
- Pour chilled custard into your ice cream maker and churn until ice cream reaches soft serve consistency (follow manufacturer’s directions). Move into an airtight container and freeze until set (at least 4 hours). If completely frozen, thaw for about 15 minutes before scooping.
- Feel free to pour a shot of light coffee over top of your ice cream (try the Fusion Adventure blend) and enjoy!
Now that you have your new favourite spring and summertime recipes, shop our Gourmet Cannabis Coffee Blends today and show off your new ice cream making skills!