Homemade CBD Coffee Creamer
CBD coffee is a booming category, with millions of people choosing to start their morning in this delicious and benefit-rich way. And while some take it black, there are those that prefer the velvety flavor of a creamer. Luckily, that’s something you can boost with CBD too! Today, we show you how to make your own CBD-infused creamer that you can add to your coffee for an extra something-something in the morning.
What Effect Does CBD and Coffee Have?
If you’re new to the idea of mixing CBD and coffee, you should first know that it’s important to distinguish that, unlike THC, CBD will never get you “high.” Depending on the dosage, you may not even notice the effect on your body and brain, but behind the scenes, CBD will work its magic. While scientists are still running countless tests to improve our wealth of knowledge on cannabidiol, there has been evidence that it helps:
- Relieve pain
- Lower stress and anxiety
- Decrease symptoms of depression
- Improve sleep patterns
- Increase focus, memory, and concentration
- Decrease blood pressure
Combining CBD oil and coffee also:
- Increases your mood and energy, while simultaneously relieving anxiety and stress
- Boosts your overall mood by increasing your serotonin levels (the happy hormone)
- Provides antioxidants, which are needed to get rid of toxins in your body and help protect our DNA and cells from being damaged
- Enhances concentration and clarity
- Increases brain function, and protects your brain neurons from degeneration
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle and balanced body and mind wellness
How Much CBD Should I Put in my Coffee?
While CBD is generally considered safe, if you’ve never tried it before, it’s highly recommended to start with a low dosage, working your way up until you find the correct amount for you. Even if you’ve tried CBD, if you’re starting to take it regularly to achieve a new desired effect (for example, pain management) then start with a low dosage so you can determine what will be right for you moving forward. Read more about discovering your correct dosage here.
Homemade CBD Coffee Creamer Recipe
Now let’s get to the main event. We’ve got another great CBD coffee recipe for you, a CBD coffee creamer.
- 1 dropper-full of Fusion CBD Oil
- 1 cup almond milk or cannamilk
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add your almond milk and coconut milk to a small saucepan and turn on to medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Add your CBD oil and let simmer for 30 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Pour creamer into a jar and add maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Put a lid on the jar and shake it until it’s well combined.
- Taste and adjust for your personal preference of sweetness and flavors (feel free to add more of the main ingredients to get the flavor you want).
- Serve with coffee (try Fusion High Energy blend) and refrigerate the remaining creamer.
Shop our unique Fusion coffee blends and tell us which you liked best! And if you have any questions, we’re here for those too.