In the mood for something sweet that will give you a boost and also relax you? We have just the treat. Mixing CBD, coffee, and chocolate into one recipe is always a good idea, but it’s even better when it turns into CBD cookies. The chocolate and coffee give you a bit of a jump in your day, while the CBD can help to relax you along with a whole host of other benefits.
While scientists are still running countless tests to improve our wealth of knowledge on cannabidiol, there has been evidence that it helps:
- Relieve pain
- Lower stress and anxiety
- Decrease symptoms of depression
- Improve sleep patterns
- Increase focus, memory, and concentration
- Decrease blood pressure
The Benefits of Baking with CBD Oil
While these days it may be easy to buy CBD edibles, baking with CBD oil has way more benefits in store. First of all, when you’re home baking anything, you know exactly how much of each ingredient you’ve used, and you can avoid the more unhealthy ingredients (like high fructose corn syrup, artificial food dyes, or a load of unnecessary sugar) that come with pre-packaged food. When you’re learning how to make CBD cookies, this is also true with the amount of CBD oil you’re putting into your recipe. You don’t have to look for a package with the dosage you prefer, you can control it yourself from the comfort of your own home.
When baking with CBD oil, make sure you’re always doing the math to spread the oil evenly across your batch of cookies. If you’re unsure of the correct dosage, you can read more about it here.
Chewy CBD Coffee Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground coffee (try Fusion Adventure Blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1-3 ml of Fusion CBD oil
- Brown the butter over medium heat, stirring consistently until the butter starts to foam and turns to a golden brown.
- Once golden brown, take the butter off the heat and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooled brown butter with the brown sugar, and white sugar. Combine and beat until mixed together. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Stir together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ground coffee beans, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until everything comes together.
- Add your CBD oil and mix it in well so it’s well spread throughout the cookie dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, and don’t over mix after this important step.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least a half-hour, or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough out into 1 ounce balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the prepared sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown and the centers have puffed up but are still gooey and chewy.
- Allow your cookies to cool before eating, although it may be tempting to skip this step!
Shop our unique Fusion coffee blends and tell us which you liked best with this recipe! And if you have any questions, we’re here for those too.