Coffee and a cookie? It’s one of those pairings that feels comforting, and it’s also a great snack on the go. A full batch can sometimes be more than you need, so this small batch recipe is perfect, and bonus: these cookies are calming, as they contain our Adventure blend CBD-infused coffee and our French Vanilla broad Spectrum CBD oil. It’s the perfect pick up for those mornings you need to be relaxed but ready to go.
This recipe makes 4 cookies that contain coffee, dark chocolate, and nuts. It’s the perfect snack on the go.
Will Mixing Coffee and CBD Have Any Effects?
What’s important to know is that CBD will not make you high. It won’t give you that body buzz effect THC does. Depending on the CBD dose you use in your baking, you may not even feel or notice the effects that are happening. While research is still being done on the effects of CBD, you can enjoy your morning brew and your baking that includes CBD without worrying about any overwhelming feelings.
Small Batch Calming CBD Coffee Cookies
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ Cup packed brown sugar
- 3 TBSP Ground Fusion Coffee Bean Adventure Blend
- 1 Large egg yolk
- ½ TSP vanilla
- 1-3 ml of Fusion French Vanilla Broad Spectrum CBD Oil (optional)
- ⅓ Cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ TSP baking soda
- ⅛ TSP salt
- 3 TSP salt
- 3 TBSP Dark chocolate chips
- 3 TBSP finely chopped brazil nuts
- 2TBSP pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBSP flaxseed
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 325F.
- Mix butter with sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Stir in egg yolk, vanilla and CBD oil. Stir in flour, coffee, baking soda and salt until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds.
- Divide batter into 4 equal portions. Gently roll each into a ball and arrange, 3 in. apart, on parchment-lined baking sheet. (Cookies will spread as they bake.)
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, 15 to 18 min. Let cookies stand on sheet for 2 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely or serve warm