You’re at the point where you’ve read up on cannabis and coffee, and decided to give it a shot (or a cup, in this case!); you’re a believer in the positive effects of cannabis, and a coffee lover to boot. Now, how do you take these two loves and infuse them into one? With our go-to cannabis-infused coffee recipe, of course!
The Cannabis-Infused Coffee Recipe
This delicious and easy marijuana coffee recipe requires just a few simple ingredients to create:
- 3 rounded teaspoons coffee (try one of our Fusion Coffee Blends!)
- 3 cups of water
- Butter or coconut oil
- Any cannabis of your choice (recipe calls for ½ gram)
Now for the recipe!
- Use a good quality grinder to grind your weed down into smaller pieces.
- Heat your water (3 cups) over medium heat and gently bring it to a boil.
- Add your butter or coconut oil to the water to make it melt (the butter/oil helps absorb the cannabis as it boils).
- Sprinkle your cannabis pieces into the mixture and time it for 35-40 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a small hole sieve.
- Grind whole Fusion coffee beans to medium-coarse and make yourself a cup of coffee using whatever method you enjoy the most
- When your coffee is ready, combine the cannabis mixture you created with your coffee and add any other desired ingredients like cream or sugar.
- Voila! Enjoy your THC-infused coffee!
If you’re trying this marijuana coffee recipe for the first time, make sure you take it slow. Since it takes longer to begin feeling the effects of cannabis when ingesting it, you may feel the need to take more at the beginning. Sit back and wait 30-45 minutes for the THC to take effect before you drink another cup of joe. Take note of how much THC oil you infused into your coffee, and how it affected you. Doing your research is the best way to ensure you’re doing right by yourself and your body at every turn. And enjoy the process of finding the right combination for you!
THC and Coffee
Just in case you’re wondering what the difference between THC and CBD is, THC has more psychoactive effects than CBD and is what makes you feel the high or euphoric sensation. Otherwise, CBD and THC have very similar benefits. THC can be used to help people manage pain, muscle spasticity, glaucoma, insomnia, low appetite, nausea, and anxiety.
Edibles, including cannabis in both food or drink form, are a great alternative to smoking. While ingesting weed is less harmful to your lungs than smoking, it can also give you a better high because edible cannabis first passes through your stomach and then liver before it gets into your bloodstream and brain. Your liver converts THC into a stronger form and therefore adds to the intensity of the high. It can also make your high last for much longer!
Shop our Fusion Coffee Blends for the perfect beans to try this cannabis coffee recipe!