Last month, we shared a recipe that allowed you to use your leftover CBD coffee and create something decadent and delicious! We loved the idea of using leftover coffee, because who wants their CBD coffee to go to waste! The truth is, you can keep your leftover CBD coffee from the morning and add it to just about any recipe throughout the day that requires a little bit of coffee.
We tried to collect a few seasonal recipes we think will be great for the upcoming summer months. Make sure you bookmark this blog so your delicious CBD coffee doesn’t go to waste. And be sure that you are not serving the foods you make with CBD coffee to those under the age of 18.
EZ Pulled Pork BBQ With Leftover CBD Coffee
- 1 (5 pound) pork butt roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- ¼ cup brewed CBD coffee
- Cut roast in half. Rub each half with salt and pepper, and place in the slow cooker. Pour broth and CBD coffee over meat.
- Turn the slow cooker to Low, and cover it. Cook for 6 to 8 hours, or until the roast is fork-tender.
- Carefully remove the roast to a cutting board. Pull meat off the bone with a fork. You may also chop it with a cleaver afterward if you like it really finely cut.
Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes With Leftover CBD Coffee
12 slices bacon
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cold, strong, brewed CBD coffee
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, and oil. Stir just until blended. Mix in 3/4 of the bacon, reserving the rest for garnish. Spoon batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting and sprinkle reserved bacon crumbles on top. Dust with additional cocoa powder.
Steakhouse Black Bread With Leftover CBD Coffee
1 ⅓ cups strong brewed coffee, room temperature
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup dark molasses
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rye flour
2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
- Place all ingredients in a bread machine pan in order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle. When the machine indicates the end of the final rise, remove the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Shape the dough into 12 dinner rolls, or one 9×5 inch loaf. Let rise until doubled in size while the oven preheats, they should rise quickly.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven for rolls, or 35 minutes for a loaf, or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
If you have an upcoming BBQ, all three of these will be a big hit – just make sure you advise everyone they have CBD coffee. And while you likely won’t get your daily dose of CBD with the leftover coffee in these recipes, you can always add a drop of our hemp CBD oils to a non-alcoholic beverage or smoothie to go with your meal.