Bulletproof coffee is the new avocado toast: a trendy, nutritious breakfast option that’ll get tons of love on social media.
If that isn’t on-trend enough, we’re infusing cannabis, Canada’s shiny new toy, into this bulletproof coffee recipe.
Bulletproof coffee is a creamy beverage made with coffee, oil, and butter, which looks similar to a latte. The benefits of bulletproof coffee range from a boost in energy levels, keeping you satiated, and improving mental focus. Cannabis upgrades the performance-enhancing drink into the ‘hippie speed ball’, making your head race alongside your heart.
Bulletproof Cannabis-Infused Coffee Ingredients
- 1 gram of your choice of cannabis
- 1 stick of butter
This yields a potency of about 120 milligrams THC.
- 2 cups of freshly brewed Fusion Coffee
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter infused with cannabis
- 2 tablespoons of MCT oil
- A blender
- To start, make your weed butter by preheating the oven to 240 degrees F. Then, grind ¼ gram of cannabis without turning it into a powder, then spread evenly on the bottom of a baking sheet. Place in the oven so the cannabis can decarboxylate; let sit for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Now, bring the butter up to temperature slowly. The cannabis is already decarboxylated, so the butter just needs to be hot enough to extract the cannabinoids. Bring to a super slow simmer, and add the cannabis while gently stirring.
- Keep on a low simmer for at least half an hour; stir occasionally, and be sure it never reaches a boil. Turn off the heat, and allow to cool for another 20 minutes. While it cools, line a strainer with cheesecloth, and pour the infusion through to remove cannabis matter. Strain as many times as needed.
- Your infusion is ready for the coffee! Be sure to refrigerate what you aren’t using; the mixture will keep for about 2 weeks.
- Next, we’ll put together the bulletproof cannabis-infused coffee (finally). This is the easy part: just add the weed butter and MCT oil to the freshly-made Fusion coffee, mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until frothy, and you’re ready to serve.
Enhance your nutritious bulletproof coffee with gourmet coffee blends specifically sourced to be paired with your favourite indica, satvia, and hybrid strains. Come check out our online canna-café for a new way to wake-and-bake.