CBD Oil and Caffeine Interaction: How Does One Affect the Other?
CBD oil and caffeine might seem like an odd mix, but ultimately the two mesh very well. With the rising popularity of CBD-based beverages and other products, this uncommon combination will soon be just as popular as rum and coke. Here’s what you need to know about the interaction between CBD oil and caffeine.
What Effect Does CBD Have?
First of all, it’s important to distinguish that unlike THC, CBD will never get you “high.” Depending on the dosage, you may not even notice the effect on your body and brain, but behind-the-scenes, CBD will work its magic. While scientists are still running countless tests to improve our wealth of knowledge on cannabidiol, there has been evidence that it helps:
- Relieve pain
- Lower stress and anxiety
- Decrease symptoms of depression
- Improve sleep patterns
- Increase focus, memory and concentration
- Decrease blood pressure
What Effect Does Caffeine Have?
While CBD works to calm your brain and body down, caffeine stimulates and energizes, creating a counterbalanced effect. Caffeine helps:
- Raise cognitive function and alertness
- Increase heart rate and blood pressure
- Improve physical performance
- Reduce the risk of certain neurological disorders
- May increase anxiety
- May alter sleep patterns
Should You Mix Coffee and CBD?
You’re probably starting to guess the pattern that CBD oil and caffeine create on the body and brain. They work together to even eachother out, bringing out the best of both worlds in an unlikely combination.
It’s all about balance. While coffee has a number of health benefits, its caffeine content can increase the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, in the body. Adding a few drops of CBD oil, however, can counteract that with its own relaxing properties, creating a perfect balance that’s not-too-drowsy and not-too-energetic.
Combining CBD oil and coffee also:
- Increases your mood and energy, while simultaneously relieving anxiety and stress
- Boosts your overall mood by increasing your serotonin levels (the happy hormone)
- Provides antioxidants, which are needed to get rid of toxins in your body and help protect our DNA and cells from being damaged
- Enhances concentration and clarity
- Increases brain function, and protects your brain neurons from degeneration
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle and balanced body and mind wellness
Think you’ve found your new favorite combo? Fusion’s gourmet coffee blends were specifically designed with this mix in mind. Shop our CBD oils, coffees, and CBD-infused coffee packs and discover the benefits for yourself!