In the summertime, cool treats are a must. And if you’re like us, you’re looking for creative ways to add your CBD to your summer treats. With the heat, there’s nothing better than a scoop (or two) of cold, sweet, ice cream. Our recipe is a triple threat: ice cream, coffee, and CBD.
You’re going to love this rich, and ultra cream CBD coffee recipe – we bet you will make it more than once. Eat it on its own, or pair it with a chocolatey brownie or piece of cake!
This recipe only has 7 ingredients and will surely beat any store-bought varieties.
- 1 cups of half and half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup of heavy crm
- 1 cup your choice of brewed Fusion Gourmet Cannabis Coffee Blends
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Warm the half and half in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking to dissolve sugar.
- Beat egg yolks in a small mixing bowl, add ½ cup of the warm mixture to the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Then add that mixture to the half and half on the stovetop.
- Whisk in coffee granules until dissolved.
- Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly until the mixture thickens slightly – just barely sticking to the back of a spatula or until it reaches 170 degrees F.
- Place the heavy cream into a bowl with a fine mesh strainer on top of the bowl.
- Strain the custard into the heavy cream. Discard what is left on the strainer.
- Add vanilla extract, and brewed coffee (which has chilled) and stir to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and cool completely in the fridge (preferably overnight).
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen (about 30-40 minutes).
10. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze completely, about 4 hours.
Your perfect cool summer treat awaits! Enjoying it with the benefits of your daily CBD makes it that much better. If this doesn’t add it to your normal dosage, you can certainly take more CBD in addition to this, or check out another one of our CBD coffee recipes.
Enjoy and stay cool!