Fall is in the air. If you’re like us, you’re probably looking for some cozy and delicious fall recipes to warm you up. Previously, we’ve come up with some fantastic fall CBD recipes that our readers have loved this time of year, including our Easy CBD Dirty Chai Latte, Homemade CBD Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer, CBD Golden Milk Latte, Fall CBD Coffee Drinks (That Don’t Involve Pumpkin Spice), and more!
We are serving up another fantastic fall CBD recipe. Previously, we have shared quite a few fall treats, so we thought it was time for something savory.
A Note About Slow Cookers and CBD Oil
Get out your slow cookers and enjoy this delicious CBD Curry Butternut Squash Lentil Soup.
Note that this recipe requires you to simmer your soup in a slow cooker on low for several hours. This means your soup will heat up to around 190-210 degrees Fahrenheit (~87-99 degrees Celsius). This temperature shouldn’t affect the potency of your CBD oil, but given the fact that it simmers all day, we recommend adding your CBD before consuming to ensure you are getting the most out of your oil. You certainly can try adding it in the soup and letting it simmer, but make note of how you feel after. If you are not getting the effect you hope for, add your drops in before eating.
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 medium (2 pound) butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 5-6 cups diced)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 3 cups organic low sodium vegetarian broth
- 1 cup green or brown lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 2 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter or cashew butter (for those of you who are allergic to nuts/peanuts, use sunflower butter instead. You will still get that nutty taste.
- ¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups organic spinach
- Full spectrum CBD Oil (1000mg) OR Pure Broad Spectrum CBD Oil (1000mg) add your usual dose to one serving prior to consuming and give it a nice stir
Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a slow cooker. We recommend reducing the broth to 2 ½ cups. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Continue with blending part of the soup after it is cooked.
***Feel free to use cubed sweet potato or pumpkin if that’s what you have on hand.***
Pair this soup with a nice cup of our Golden Milk Latte and you have yourself a complete anti-inflamatory meal!