Benefits of CBD Oil and Cooking
With CBD being widely used by many to assist with many of life’s daily activities from sleep, pain, and performance…there’s certainly an interest in being able to take your CBD in lots of different ways.
Something that is appreciated is using CBD oil in our cooking. But are there benefits to this, and can it change the potency of the oil? Read more to learn the benefits of cooking with your CBD oil and a few other helpful facts.
Benefits of Cooking With CBD Oil
- It’s convenient
Adding CBD oil to your favourite recipes is an easy way to get your dose of CBD and enjoy the benefits of your CBD through your regular meals.
- CBD oil pairs well with both sweet and savoury foods, making it a versitile addition to your cooking and baking
- You can easily control the dosage you would like to include in your cooking. You can add your full dose, or a lesser dose so you can have more when you need it.
- You can enhance the flavours of your cooking with flavoured options like our French Vanilla Broad Spectrum CBD Oil 1500mg
- It’s fun and exciting to experiment with CBD oil in the kitchen!
However, before you get cooking, there are a few things you should know:
- Be Wary Of The Heat
Heat has the potential to make CBD less effective. Overheating your CBD oil can burn off its positive effects. While the temperature is often argued, 320 degrees fahrenheit is best, but never go above 350 degrees fahrenheit. If you are cooking over 320 degrees, consider adding the CBD after you are done heating food.
- Did you know that CBD is fat-soluble?
What this means is, when you consume your CBD with healthy fats, your body will absorb the CBD better. Foods like avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. are great ingredients to include when cooking with CBD oil.
- Be considerate of how much you use
A small amount of CBD oil can go a long, so always consider your regular dose when you cook with it.
If you are new to cooking with CBD oil, here are some great ideas to start:
- Start by adding it to no-heat recipes
- Add it to your smoothies
- Make a salad dressing with it
- Add it to your scrambled eggs
- Add it to sauces such as pasta sauce
The possibilities are practically endless when it comes to cooking with your CBD oil. With plenty of recipes online, you will have a lot of fun getting your dose of CBD oil through your daily cooking. If you have any questions about cooking with CBD, don’t hesitate to contact us.